Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday v.85

Happy Spring, everybody!  I'm super duper glad to see it arrive this year, but a little disappointed that we didn't even get one big spring snowstorm.  Love those giant wet flakes that appear only in the spring, and that melt after a day or so.  Ah well, there's always next year.  Now, bring on the flip flops!


Other than the weather, not much has changed around here recently.  I'm still (when I can scrape together a few minutes to knit) working on Narragansett.  It's coming along.  I've finished the waist shaping now, and about to start the cable detail that carries down the front and into the hem.



I should finish up the body this week, and then get started on the sleeves.  With a little luck, it'll be done by Easter and I'll sneak a few times to wear it in before the weather gets too hot.

Boringly enough, that's all I've got to report from these parts today.  I do have some pretty Adventure in the Mountains pics to share, but you'll have to come back this weekend for those.  In the mean time, go check out all of the other WIPW entries springing up today.  There are zillions of them these days, and all of them are pretty awesome.

Cheers!

12 comments:

  1. It's looking gorgeous :) I've just started that pattern too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making great progress on that sweater, and the more I see that pattern, the more I love it. You picked a unique color for it too. I completely understand what you mean about the weather, we only got one real snow all season here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came here from Pinkundine's blog where she just started that same sweater! I love the color.

    Also, I love that yellow moss on that rock in your first picture. I like how splochy and bright it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, lovely, lovely! You are making such great progress, and the yarn is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sweater is coming along very nicely. Love the cable details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Narangasett is looking great. Sounds pretty ambitious to me to have it all done by Easter, but I'm keenly looking forward to seeing it modeled. It's got such an interesting neck and yoke!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh its looking good.
    Adventure in the Mountains photos sound SUPER exciting. looking forward to the update.
    Hope you're well. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. We got snow this week (in Oregon)... it may yet be sweater weather!

    Lovely progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That first picture is so cool! Nature's graffiti. Your Narragansett is looking very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sweater is looking great. Happy Spring to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking great - not long to go before it's finished

    ReplyDelete